Want to show your Objects on the web? Use the Museum Archive software project Web Server, a free addition to the software package. The web server uses your existing database and presents your Objects in an easy-to-use set of web pages. You can control the look and feel of the presentation by editing the CSS (cascading style sheet) files. A PDF file is included with the installation that describes how you can configure the web server to work in your situation.
- It runs on a regular Windows desktop computer - no need to buy high-end equipment;
- It is a complete web server - it does not require Apache or IIS;
- It is safe - it can only do one thing (serve pages containing your data);
- The web pages are designed to help you easily locate the entry you are looking for, with selectable column sort orders and Locator fields;
- The visitor can print a detailed report on any Object quickly and easily.